Plesner establishes dedicated fintech team
Plesner sharpens focus on providing commercially viable solutions to legal challenges in the fintech industry.
We are now sharpening our focus on this growth industry and have established a dedicated team to advise on matters related to fintech. Our team includes the country's leading specialists who are experienced in providing legal advice across a wide range of the commercial challenges associated with fintech as well as the relationship with relevant regulators.
Over the past years, Plesner has assisted a number of the leading finctech companies in Denmark and abroad in relation to web and app-based payment solutions, crowdfunding platforms, e-wallet solutions and digitalisation of AML and other compliance functions.
Plesner advises on all legal issues related to fintech from the initial legal analysis of the product or business over the application for a license (if required) to the ongoing operation of the business once live. Some of the issues we have successfully helped clients recently overcome in a commercially viable manner are:
- Blockchain-based products, including e-wallets
- Commercialisation of data - particularly in the context of the special restrictions in the Payment Services Act
- Establishment of crowdfunding-solutions
- Digitalisation of compliance - particularly within the field of AML and KYC
- Third party payment services providers in the context of the liberalisation of the payment industry and PSD2.
Rasmus Mandøe Jensen, Attorney-at-Law and partner, has extensive experience advising on fintech matters and is heading the dedicated team.
Find more about us on our new fintech-page: www.plesner.com/fintech