Jimmy Skjold Hansen is a partner in our Dispute Resolution team.
He is exclusively engaged in litigation and arbitration proceedings, with a particular focus on international commercial arbitration proceedings under the auspices of the Danish Institute of Arbitration in Copenhagen (DIA), the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris (ICC) and the London Court of Arbitration (LCIA).
Jimmy also focuses on mainly cross-border damages actions arising from competition law infringements. Finally, Jimmy is experienced in handling international investment arbitrations - ie disputes between investors and host states - under the ICSID and UNCITRAL rules and in conducting proceedings before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) etc.
Jimmy is one of the very few Danish attorneys having specialised knowledge and experience from abroad in the resolution of disputes between businesses from different countries and between businesses and states etc. He holds a Master of International Dispute Settlement from Geneva in Switzerland, which is one of the central places for international dispute resolution worldwide.
While working in a Swiss law office, Jimmy assisted renowned arbitrators in handling significant arbitration proceedings in relation to food products, renewable energy and the oil, gas and mining industries etc.
- Skaugen Group - counsel to I.M. Skaugen SE (Norway) and affiliated companies in multiple arbitrations (ICC and Danish Institute of Arbitration) and litigation proceedings concerning, i.a., claims for damages relating to the purchase of marine diesel engines for Skaugen's liquefied gas carriers
- Morgan Stanley and Carnegie - counsel to the investment banks Morgan Stanley (U.K.) and Carnegie (Denmark/Sweden) in relation to litigation proceedings concerning investor claims for damages arising out of the bankruptcy of the marine fuel oil company OW Bunker A/S
- Danfoss - counsel to Danfoss A/S (Denmark) in relation to the Refrigeration Compressors case (EU competition law) and follow-on damages actions in multiple jurisdictions in Europe and overseas
- Siemens Wind Power - counsel to Siemens Wind Power A/S (Denmark) in connection with ad hoc arbitration proceedings in Denmark and litigation proceedings in France concerning a commercial dispute with a business partner
- M&A acquisition - counsel to a global food & beverages corporation in connection with an arbitration before the Danish Institute of Arbitration against the sellers of a target company concerning warranty breach (value around DKK 300 million)
- M&A acquisition - counsel to a global energy company in connection with UNCITRAL/LCIA arbitration proceedings against the seller of a target company concerning terms for closing of the transaction (value around DKK 100 million)
- Private Equity - counsel to a global private equity firm in connection with arbitration proceedings before the Danish Institute of Arbitration concerning claims relating to an earn-out model (value exceeding DKK 250 million)
Jimmy Skjold Hansen is recommended and listed as a "Next generation lawyer" as regards Dispute Resolution by Legal 500 (2019)