Sarah Schæffer is a partner in our Dispute Resolution team focusing on civil and corporate criminal law disputes relating to organisational and management liability.
Sarah has a key role in Plesner's corporate criminal law and investigations team and continuously works on strengthening these practice areas. Sarah represents clients in connection with regulatory matters, including searches and police investigations, and she acts as a defence counsel in criminal proceedings before the courts. Sarah is furthermore experienced in planning and conducting major legal investigations and internal investigations in various areas of law.
Sarah also handles civil actions for damages relating to organisational and management liability, professional liability as well as product liability and commercial liability. This has given her thorough experience in handling large sets of related cases, which ensures efficient project management for our clients.
- Thomas Borgen - defence counsel during criminal investigations concerning money laundering at Danske Bank's former branch in Estonia and legal assistance in connection with civil proceedings instituted by shareholders about alleged management liability for breach of the duty of disclosure under securities law and imprudent management of banks
- Morten Messerschmidt - defence counsel in connection with criminal proceedings concerning alleged fraud involving EU funds and document fraud
Dagbladet Børsen - legal adviser in connection with a legal investigation concerning Dagbladet Børsen's receipt of media subsidy during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Defence counsel to financial undertaking - in cases relating to breach of the Danish Criminal Code and compliance with special legislation, including the Danish Money Laundering Act, the Danish Financial Business Act etc
- Defence counsel in cases relating to tax and duty issues
- General advice - bribery and anti-corruption, emergency preparedness (for example search procedures), sanctions, international criminal law etc