Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is head of our Corporate M&A Team and advises on significant Danish and international M&A.
Tue has long-standing experience in large and medium-sized M&A representing both buyers and sellers, including in structured sales processes and in private equity investments, minority investments, mergers and joint ventures.
Tue has vast experience in advising on multinational transactions and has advised on some of the largest M&A transactions in Denmark. Tue has unique expertise in advising on sales preparations, including divestments involving a need for separation from the owners' other operations and the need for "Transitional Services". Recent relevant cases include Saint-Gobain's sale of Optimera, Ferguson Plc's sale of Stark Group, the sale of Brunata to Minol and Stark Group's sale of SILVAN.
Tue's clients include Danish and international private and listed companies, state-owned businesses and private equity funds. Tue also has special expertise in advising owners and management of larger privately-owned and family-owned businesses on the specific aspects of selling and investing in such businesses, including sales preparations and risk management.
Tue's advisory services are not only based on his legal expertise but also on strong tactical and commercial competences and extensive accounting knowledge acquired, for instance, through studies at the London Business School.
- StellSeries - advisor to L Catterton in connection with the sale of SteelSeries to Axcel
- Haldor Topsøe - advisor to Temasek Holdings in connection with the investment in Haldor Topsøe
- Stark Group A/S - advisor to Ferguson plc in connection with the sale of Stark Group A/S
- Unifeeder A/S - advisor in connection with the sale of Unifeeder A/S to DP World Limited
- Banking Circle/Saxo Payments - advisory services to founders, management and shareholders on sale of majority to EQT
- GUBI A/S - advisor to Axcel Management A/S in connection with purchase of GUBI A/S
- TOP-TOY - advisor to the owners of TOP-TOY, the Danish major toy retailer, in connection with the sale of 75% of TOP-TOY to EQT, the Nordic private equity fund
- SILVAN - acting for Stark Group in relation to the sale of SILVAN, the leading Danish "DIY" retail chain to German Private Equity fund Aurelius
- Joe & the Juice - advisor to General Atlantic, US-based private equity firm, in connection with General Atlantic's investment in Joe & the Juice, the Danish/international juice and coffee bar
- HusCompagniet - advisor to EQT, the major Nordic private equity fund, in connection with EQT's acquisition of HusCompagniet, the leading Danish single-family brick house retailer, from FSN Capital
- Nianet - acting for GlobalConnect and EQT in connection with the acquisition by GlobalConnect of Nianet, the Danish provider of optical fiber data network and internet services
- Mountain Top Industries ApS - advisor to Axcel Management A/S in connection with acquisition of Mountain Top Industries A/S
- Optimera - advisor to Saint-Gobain in connection with the sale of the building materials distribution business Optimera in Danmark
- Ball Group - advisor to Axcel in connection with the sale of Ball Group to Findos Investor
- Brunata International A/S - advisor in connection with sale to Minol Messtechnik W. Lehmann GmbH & Co. KG
- IC Companys (IC Group) - sale of the listed fashion group's mid-market division to DK Company
- 4PET Holding BV - advisor to Færch Plast A/S in connection with acquisition
- SFK Food A/S - Solina Sfinc's acquisition of ingredients producer SFK Food A/S as a Nordic platform investment
- BTX Group - EQT's sale of clothing group BTX Group to Sun European Partners
- A2SEA - acting for Belgian marine and offshore engineering and dredging provider, DEME Group (GeoSea) in connection with its acquisition of A2SEA, the Danish provider of offshore wind transportation and installation solutions
- Nordic Waterproofing - Axcel Management A/S' (IPO) sale of Nordic Waterproofingisor in connection with the sale of Stark Group A/S
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is listed as a leading individual as regards Commercial, Corporate and M&A (2019)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global and Chambers Europe. Tue Ravnholt Frandsen handles domestic and cross-border M&A, with deals often entailing private equity elements. Clients say that he is "very commercial in his approach and skilled in providing usable advice and applicable solutions." (2019)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is listed as a Leading Lawyer (Highly Regarded) as regards Private Equity and M&A. Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is "commercially strong" (2019).
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global and Chambers Europe. Co-head of department Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is well regarded by clients, who appreciate his responsive approach to client service and say that he has "excellent technical knowledge, is very commercial and knows the Danish market really well". He represents clients on both the buy and sell sides of transactions, and offers expertise in private equity investments, M&A and joint ventures. (2018)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is listed as a leading individual as regards Commercial, Corporate and M&A. M&A expert Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is "among the best lawyers in Denmark". (2018)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is listed as a Leading Lawyer (Highly Regarded) as regards Private Equity and M&A (Financial and Corporate 2018).
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A by Chambers Global and Chambers Europe. (2017)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is recommended as regards Commercial, Corporate and M&A by Legal 500 (2017).
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A by both Chambers Global and Chambers Europe. Practice head Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is recognized for his experience on both buy and sell side deals, including multi-jurisdictional mandates. Peers admire that "he's a good lawyer who knows what he's doing; he's pragmatic and likes to get things done". (2016)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is recommended as regards Mergers & Acquisitions. (2016)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is ranked as a leading individual as regards Corporate/M&A. Sources describe Tue Ravnholt Frandsen as a "Thorough lawyer who is able to take a commercial view." He comes particularly highly recommended for divestments. (2015)
Tue Ravnholt Frandsen is singled out by a private equity client: Tue has a very good business judgment and is good at thinking out of the box to get the deal done. He is good at applying street smartness in a legal context. (2014)