Energy and infrastructure represent the cornerstone of Denmark’s development today and in the future. Denmark is also witnessing a continued rise in the demand for energy and a new and competitive infrastructure. Plesner’s energy and infrastructure specialists are leaders in Denmark.
For many years, we have been contributing to the sustained development of the industry in connection with the establishment, construction and operation of various forms of energy and infrastructure projects. For example, our advisory services have focused on obtaining the necessary permits, creating investment and shareholders’ agreements, writing transaction and financing documentation, creating consultancy and construction contracts, creating operating and supply agreements, not to mention dispute resolution.
Plesner has advised state-owned companies and institutions, owners, project developers, banks, pension funds, contractors, etc.
Our goal is that our many years of experience within energy and infrastructure will contribute significantly to the successful completion of our clients’ energy and infrastructure projects.
- The Fehmarn Belt - Plesner has provided advice on the biggest infrastructure project in Danish history since the very beginning when the first idea was presented. Plesner has provided advice on the initial organisational considerations and the setting-up of companies to handle tenders and negotiate contracts on the completion of the project. Plesner still plays an active part in this project that is very important to Denmark
- DONG Private Placement - Plesner has provided advice to DONG Energy A/S (and thus also the Danish state as the majority shareholder) on all issues relating to a capital injection of DKK 11 billion in total from Goldman Sachs, ATP, PFA and the existing minority shareholders, including on energy regulatory issues
- Electrification programme - Plesner has provided advice to a consortium consisting of Aarsleff A/S, Siemens A/S and Siemens AG in connection with the preparation of the tender for the electrification of the Danish railways. Plesner's clients were awarded the contract in the summer of 2015. The estimated price for the total work is EUR 450 million and the work must be completed over the next 11 years
- Sund og Bælt - Plesner has advised the companies in the Sund og Bælt group on the legal issues relating to the bridge between the two Danish islands Zealand and Funen (Storebæltforbindelsen), the bridge between Denmark and Sweden (Øresundsforbindelsen) and BroBizz A/S etc
- The Hejre project - Plesner has advised DONG Energy on the development and establishment of the most recent oil and gas project in the North Sea, "Hejre-feltet". Plesner provides advice on all issues during the completion of the project, including dispute resolution
- SEAS-NVE – regular matters in relation to renewable energy investments
- Movia – train and bus services in Denmark
- Trefor – investments in wind farms in Denmark and abroad
- Green Power Partners II K/S (a company owned by the Danish pension funds AP Pension and PBU Pension) - in relation to an investment in windmill farms in Denmark.
- Femern A/S - establishment of a fixed link to Germany
- Arkil A/S - advisor on various road and rail infrastructure projects in Denmark
- European Wind Investment A/S (Trefor) - acquisition and establishment of wind farms in Denmark, Sweden and Germany
- Deutsche Bahn - in the comprehensive tender by the Danish and Swedish transport authorities for the Øresund train service
- The Copenhagen Metro - in a complaint concerning Metroselskabet's tender for Metro Cityringen (the new metro line in Copenhagen), one of the largest construction contract in Denmark with a total value of approximately EUR 3 billion, Plesner assisted a consortium consisting of the Danish and German construction companies
- Københavns Lufthavne A/S - implementation of new corporate governance structure and provision of general advice on corporate and securities law
- Aireon - Navair's and IAAA's participation in investment in Aireon
- Danske Færger - establishment of Danske Færger through a merger between Bornholmstrafikken A/S, Sydfynske A/S (which was an indirectly wholly-owned subsidiary of Clipper Group A/S) and Færgen
- Mols-Linien A/S - successful before the Danish Supreme Court in that a claim for VAT had become barred by limitation under the rules of the 1908 Act on five-year time limitation
- DONG Energy A/S - drafting and implementing global employee share programme
- A/S Storebæltsforbindelsen - EMTN programme