Vast experience and in-depth specialisation is required in order to stay updated on the increasingly more complex landscape of employment and labour law. During the last 20 years, we have continued to develop our advice so as to match our clients' requirements.
In addition to classic employment and labour law issues, we advise on employment law aspects relating to cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, internal investigations, flexible employment relationships, collective redundancies, the terms of the executive boards, including incentive programmes, the conclusion and interpretation of collective agreements, and other industrial relations issues.
We advise international and Danish businesses, public authorities and institutions as well as CEOs. We often appear in court in cases concerning employment and labour law matters.
In order to always be able to provide the best possible solution to the client, our team provides advice in close collaboration with our experts within, inter alia, data protection, tax law, M&A, TMT and insolvency.
Our clients point out in particular our ability to put ourselves in their place and find solutions that create value for them. We aim at offering tailor-made, value-creating solutions that include both commercial, employment policy and human aspects. We provide both the solution to a problem and implement the solution in collaboration with the clients.
Our experience covers largely all sectors, and we also have extensive experience in advising clients in the public sector and semi-public sector - and in litigating before all relevant courts and instances.
We continue to expand our skills. Outsourcing, including outsourcing of facility management and IT services, is an example of an area in which we have provided advice to several clients and have built up valuable experience.
- EQT - advice on employment law issues, including on incentive programmes in connection with the acquisition of Færch Plast and the subsequent sale of Færch Plast to Advent International
- Local authority - represented a local authority in a case of general public importance before the Danish Eastern High Court about alleged ageism
- Business academy - judgment in favour of a business academy in a case about limitation of actions. First before the district court and then before the Danish Eastern High Court
- Business academy - represented a business academy in connection with a claim by the Danish Business Authority for a bigger repayment of contributions to salaries to employees
- Danske Bank - assistance in connection with the conclusion of a facility management agreement with ISS
- Telenor - merger (now abandoned) between Telenor's and Telia's Danish companies (employee relations)
- DONG Energy A/S - lead attorney in connection with the preparations for and implementation of a global employee share programme for more than 6,000 employees
- The Danish Supreme Court - judgment in favour of the client in connection with alleged discrimination and the employer’s access to an employee’s e-mails
- Vocational schools - judgments in favour of vocational schools in several cases before the Danish Board of Equal Treatment
- EY - assistance with all employment law issues in relation to the merger between EY Denmark and KPMG Denmark
- Shell - assistance with the transfer of pension obligations from Shell's two pension funds to a French insurance company
- The Danish Act on the Transfer of Undertakings and calls for tenders - judgment in favour of the client in a case before the Danish Eastern High Court about the liability of the contracting entity in connection with outsourcing
Respected practice group advising on a range of employment matters, including those arising from cross-border transactions. Areas of experience include the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements and the transfer of employees. Noted for its experience in collective redundancies as part of restructurings. Defends public and private sector employers in appeals against summary dismissals of individual staff. Acts for clients coming from the pharmaceuticals, financial services, education and textiles sectors.
Clients value the team's advice for being "pragmatic and easy both to understand and to implement
"They are always available and have strong commercial awareness
Under the joint leadership of "very skilled" Henriette Stakemann and "sharp and pragmatic" Lise Høy Falsner, Plesner handles the employment aspects of transactions, as well as incentive schemes, collective redundancies and terminations. (2018)
"They are able to explain everything in commercial terms, avoiding extensive legal terminology. They take the time to understand my business." (2018)
Within Employment, Plesner is a first tier firm
Plesner's "fantastic" practice acts for domestic and international clients in a wide range of matters, including incentive programmes, collective redundancies and terminations. (2017)
Respected practice advising on a range of employment matters, including those with cross-border aspects. Areas of focus include collective bargaining, working time issues and transfer of employees, in the public and offshore sectors in particular. Also noted for its experience in collective redundancies, employee data and employment litigation.
"I like Plesner's proactive approach. They often think of things that I have not indicated when specifying the task."
"We are extremely happy with the service provided. They are very quick at answering and in a language that is understandable for people who aren't lawyers." (2017)
Within employment, Plesner is a first tier firm.
Plesner has "a pragmatic viewpoint on how to solve issues instead of escalating them". (2016)
"I am very satisfied; the lawyers stood up to all my requirements, they are competent, they respected confidentiality, and they are responsive."
"The lawyers are responsive, even over the weekend, and they are extremely down to earth and practical."
Noted for expertise in employment litigation, particularly with regard to employee incentive schemes, executive dismissals, discrimination issues and injunctions. Also experienced in the transfer of undertakings, outsourcing and collective bargaining matters.(2015)