- Practice areas /
- Environmental Law and Public Law, Constitutional Law and Administrative Law
Our team of experts have a long tradition of and considerable experience in providing advisory services on public law matters. Our clients include listed companies, international groups, government institutions and state-owned companies, local authorities, local utility companies, oil companies, insurance companies and small and medium-sized enterprises.
We advise our clients on a wealth of public law matters, including:
- Constitutional law – compulsory acquisition, national appropriation provisions, the compliance of Danish acts with the Danish Constitutional Act, freedom of speech and advertising etc.
- Land planning and public works acts – vast experience in advising state-owned companies conducting business in compliance with national public works acts
- Administrative law – the rules governing public authorities' actions towards citizens, which have developed considerably in line with the increase in public administration. Administrative law is essential in matters involving local authorities' liability, local government law, competition law, environmental law, tax law and a large number of other areas of law involving administrative law
- Local government law – limits to the rules governing local government and local statutes
- The Danish Act on Public Access to Documents on Public Files - all access to documents issues
- Personal data in the public sector and data protection requirements
Our advisory services
We are able to familiarise ourselves with and understand our clients' businesses and activities, and we provide advisory services that create value for them. Our legal advisory services are based on a high degree of understanding of the given commercial or political reality. We also have considerable litigation experience in the area of public law and the special issues that apply when administrative decisions are tried before the courts.
Thanks to our experience, we quickly spot and advise clients on the solution to a public law issue. Our clients praise us for being "good value for money", one reason being our comprehensive interdisciplinary fingertip knowledge, extensive use of IT tools, public sources and systematic application of previously acquired knowledge.
- Femern A/S - assistance with compulsory acquisitions and land purchases for the construction of the Fehmarnbelt fixed link
- Københavns Lufthavne A/S - assistance in handling a dispute with Taarnby Local Authority
- Danish Agency for Labour Market and Recruitment - judgment by the Danish Supreme Court in favour of the client in the lawsuit nick-named “the Farvergade Case” against the City of Copenhagen
- Falck Danmark A/S - local government law issues in relation to the ambulance and fire emergency service
- Odense Erhvervspark A/S - assistance with major compulsory acquisition case
Respected commercial practice which advises private companies on public law issues, particularly environmental issues and expropriation, as well as general administrative and constitutional law. Also acts for publicly owned entities and government departments. Also offers advice on regulatory issues in the insurance and utilities sectors.
"Our first choice due to its pragmatic approach to issues, high quality counsel and delivery and responsiveness." (2017)
Represents a mix of local government departments in a broad range of public law cases. Offers considerable expertise within environmental, planning and energy law, and has experience of handling expropriation cases. Often engaged in large infrastructure projects for private parties, as well as advising on general administrative and constitutional law. (2015)