Lars Bunch is head of our Corporate Law team.
Lars primarily works in the following areas:
- Corporate law and corporate governance
- National and cross-border company reorganisation
- Change of capital
- Formation and dissolution of companies
- Companies with public owners
- Foundation law – commercial and non-commercial foundations
Before joining Plesner, Lars worked with the Danish Business Authority for more than 15 years, ending as a deputy chief executive. Lars was head of the foundation law office and the corporate law office for more than ten years. During that period he was involved in all major transactions and legal proceedings involving aspects of corporate law or foundation law.
Lars was also responsible for the drafting and interpretation of the new Danish Companies Act which entered into force on 1 March 2010 and was subsequently responsible for the drafting of the new Danish Act on Commercial Foundations and implementation of the Act.
Lars is the chairman of Dansk Forening for Selskabsret (a Danish corporate law association).
Lars has long experience in handling cases but also in drafting of new legislation and administration of legislation and he has vast experience of all aspects of corporate law.
Lars advises commercial foundations and non-commercial foundations on all aspects of foundation law and atypical undertakings such as autonomous public undertakings.
Lars is the author of several books and articles on corporate law and foundation law, including the annotated Danish Companies Act which is regarded as a leading corporate law textbook. Lars is also a popular keynote speaker and lectures on corporate law and foundation law.
- Zealand - ongoing assistance with regard to general meetings, financing, incentive programmes etc
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals - ongoing assistance with regard to general meetings, financing, incentive programmes, public take-over bids and delisting from NASDAQ Copenhagen
- H. Lundbeck & Lundbeck Fonden - ongoing advice on corporate law and foundation law
- TDC - assistance with the corporate law aspects in connection with the acquisition of TDC by a consortium
- Carlsbergfondet - ongoing advice on foundation law
- LEO Fondet - advice on corporate law and foundation law in connection with reorganisations
- Novo Nordisk Fonden - advice on foundation law in connection with the creation of BioInnovation Institute
- Danske Bank - advice on corporate law, contractual law and regulatory matters in connection with Danske Bank's establishment of GateTu jointly with A.P. Møller - Mærsk
- Zibra - assistance in connection with group reorganisation
- SEAS-NVE - ongoing assistance with regard to corporate law issues, including reorganisations
- European Energy - onging advice on corporate law issues, including with regard to reorganisations, establishment of corporate structure in connection with investment projects, funding and strategic considerations in terms of ownership
- Equinor - ongoing assistance regarding the establishment of corporate structures in connection with the submission of bids for public tenders, and establishment of joint ventures and limited partnership companies
- Rejsekort A/S - responsible for in-depth analysis of the possibilities of a reorganisation between the journey planner Rejseplan and the electronic ticketing system Rejsekort, including related corporate law, employment law, competition law and tax law aspects
Lars Bunch is recommended as regards Commercial, Corporate and M&A (2020+2021+2022+2023)