Nicolai Ørsted is a partner in our Corporate Finance team, who focuses on M&A, capital market transactions (IPOs, take-over bids etc) as well as venture capital.
Nicolai’s clients include private equity and venture funds, investment banks, industrial businesses and listed companies, and he has been an advisor in more than 100 transactions.
Besides transactions, Nicolai also advises listed companies on disclosure requirements and corporate governance. Nicolai’s advice is underpinned by his strong legal expertise combined with his in-depth commercial and strategic knowledge.
Nicolai was the Managing Partner of Plesner from 2009 to 2014 and has previously been the Chairman of Plesner's Board of Directors.
- Topdanmark A/S - advisor to Sampo plc in connection with the submission of the mandatory tender offer to the shareholders of Topdanmark A/S
- Nordea Liv & Pension - advisor to Nordea Life Holding AB in connection with the sale of 25% of Nordea Liv & Pension, livsforsikringsselskab A/S, the Danmark-based provider of life insurance and pension services, to Foreningen NLP, and in connection with the subsequent sale of the majority stake in Nordea Liv & Pension, livsforsikringsselskab A/S
- Dong Energy A/S - advisor to the Danish government in connection with the IPO of Dong Energy A/S on Nasdaq Copenhagen
- EY - advisor to EY in the merger between audit firms EY Danmark and KPMG Danmark
- Nuevolution A/S - advisor to the company in connection with its listing on First North Sweden
- Datea - adviso to Newsec AB in connection with the acquisition of
Datea A/S from Dades A/S
- Sparekassen Sjælland - verification lawyer in connection with the listing of Sparekassen Sjælland on Nasdaq Copenhagen
- Europcar - advisor to Europcar Europe in connection with the acquisition
of Europcar Denmark
- Cimber Air - advisor to SAS in connection with the acquisition of Cimber Air
- Trustpilot - advisor to Trustpilot related to Vitruvian Partners' investment in Trustpilot and Silicon Valley Bank's investment in the company
- Unifeeder A/S - advisor to Unifeeder A/S in connection with the acquisition of activities and companies from Tschudi Holding A/S in a number of countries
- Sanovo Greenpack Embalagens do Brasil Ltda - advisor to Brdr. Hartmann in connection with the acquisition of Sanovo Greenpack Embalagens do Brasil Ltda from Lactosan-Sanovo Holding A/S
- Rehfeld Partners A/S - IMS Health Holdings, Inc.'s acquisition of Rehfeld Partners A/S and Effektor A/S
- Cognizant - advisor to Cognizant in connection with the acquisition of
Nicolai Ørsted is listed as a Leading Lawyer (Highly Regarded) as regards Capital Markets and M&A (2018+2019+2020+2021)
Nicolai Ørsted is "accessible and proactive thinking in his work." (2020)
"Nicolai Ørsted has excellent commercial understanding, is service minded and has very good skills in negotiations." (Financial and Corporate 2018)
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Capital Markets by Legal 500 (2020)
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Capital Markets (2019)
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Commercial, Corporate and M&A. Nicolai Ørsted possesses "excellent negotiation skills" and "the required knowledge of all areas related to the M&A process" (2019)
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Capital Markets. (2018)
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Capital Markets. (2017)
Nicolai Ørsted is listed as a Leading Lawyer as regards Capital Markets and M&A (Financial and Corporate 2017)
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Capital Markets. (2016)
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Capital Markets.
Nicolai Ørsted is recommended as regards Mergers & Acquisitions. (2015)