1) What does the new patent system imply?
2) When will the new patent system enter into force?
4) Will the UPC and the new unitary patent affect my agreements, e.g. licensing agreements?
5) What is a unitary patent, and how will it differ from a European patent?
6) How do I apply for a unitary patent?
7) What fees will be payable for a unitary patent?
8) Will a unitary patent have to be translated into the languages of the countries where it is to apply?
9) Is there any difference between the new system and the current system with regard to provisional protection, i.e. protection before the patent is granted?
10) Will supplementary protection certificates also be covered by the new system?
11) Will the rules on double patenting be affected by the new system?
12) What are the implications of the UPC?
13) How will the UPC be structured?
14) What will it cost to bring a case before the UPC, and will it be more cost effective than the existing system?
15) Will any court fees be payable for bringing an action before the UPC?
16) What are the possibilities of recovering costs before the UPC, and what is the risk of being ordered to pay costs if the other party prevails?
17) Will legal aid be available before the UPC?
18) How does the opt-out scheme work?
19) I have a European patent – should I opt out of the UPC system?
20) Which patents will be covered by the new patent system?
21) Will actions against Danish nationals and businesses have to be brought in Denmark under the new system?
22) How will proceedings before the UPC differ from proceedings before the Danish courts?
23) What will be the language of the proceedings?
24) How long will an action take?
25) Which judges will participate?
26) Who will be eligible to represent the parties before the UPC?
27) Will the UPC also have competence to hear applications for provisional measures in the form of preliminary injunctions?
28) Which laws will the UPC apply?
29) What will be the procedure for preservation of evidence before the UPC?
30) Will licensees be entitled to bring an action?
31) Is there a risk of the UPC establishing infringement of a patent before its validity has been established?