In recent years Plesner has built up sound experience representing clients as defence counsel in corporate criminal proceedings, both proceedings concerning the violation of special laws and proceedings concerning general offences. We represent both undertakings and individuals, for example members of management.
In proceedings concerning alleged violation of special laws our team works closely together with leading experts from Plesner's other practice areas, including EU and Competition Law, Tax Law, Data Protection Law, Banking and Finance, Operational Compliance, Export Control and Trade Sanctions and Capital Markets. This ensures that our clients get advice of the highest standard.
The role as defence counsel presupposes a special bond of trust between client and counsel, and therefore Plesner focuses on guiding the client safely through proceedings, from the beginning till the end. Our advice includes:
- crisis management in the client's organisation;
- advice in connection with the surrender of material to authorities etc;
- assistance as defence counsel during police investigations, including review and analysis of investigative material, assistance in connection with police interviews;
- assistance as defence counsel in criminal proceedings before the courts;
- nexus to foreign counsel/authorities in connection with cross-border issues;
- involvement of external legal advisors;
- input for press handling.